What we've learned today:
1. Jarvis Cocker will be awareded an honourary doctorate at Sheffield Hallam University.
2. Bruce Springsteen played the last ever gig to be held at New Jersey's Giant Stadium before it's demolished.
3. Most of The Strokes' fourth album has been written according to singer Julian Casablancas.
4. Whitney Houston will play five arena shows across the UK next April.
5. One of Michael Jackson's famous white gloves has been sold for £44 000 at an auction in California.
6. Pescetarian is a person who eats fish but not meat.
7. Why have we learned this? Because Daniel Johns, singer of Aussie rockers Silverchair, is a pescetarian.
8. Silverchair are in the studio working on their new album. At least one QTheMusic scribe is very excited.
Dictionary-Defying Tabloid Headline Of The Day:
"Bananadrama" (Ok, this is an old one, but it's really good...)
It looks like the Liam vs Liam collaboration we've all been waiting for might see the light of the day, as brothers-in-law Gallagher and Howlett are reportedly headed for the studio together. In other Gallagher jr. news, he's apparently into "smelling good". How nice.
Daily Office Highlight:
A fire drill.
On The Office Stereo:
AC/DC - Backtracks
Oh, and follow us on Twitter for all the latest news on the Awards, music updates and much more.
4:52 PM | 12/10/2009
More Photos Of:
Taken from his new book, out today (10 Mar), the bassist revisits his relationship with Malcolm McLaren
Craig Potter talks through the band's sixth album, out today (10 March)
The man who books the August festival has put together an audio guide to this year's bill
Amy Gravelle provides a musical guide next week's (11-16 March) festival in Austin, Texas
The producer reveals how he recruited the Hitmaker for his debut album Glow (out 10 Mar)
The German band showcase the artists and songs that inspired their latest album Close To The Glass