What we've learned today:
1. Guns 'N Roses, are set to tour Canada early next year.
2. Madness and The Prodigy are both releasing deluxe-version re-issues. Suggs & co have updated their debut album, while the current Q coxer stars are revamping their latest effort.
3. Boy George, Ed Harcourt and Elbow's Guy Garvey will all perform at Rufus Wainwright's Christmas concert at the Royal Albert Hall on December 6.
4. Madonna considers Chris Martin a musical genius.
5. According to Amy Winehouse's father, the troubled singer has been 'drug-free' for a year.
6. Pearl Jam have launched a Bootleg Blackberry app.
7. Pavement are playing London's Brixton Academy on May 11 next year.
8. Joss Stone's new album is out November 2.
Daily Is It A Compliment/Is It An Insult?
Joss Stone on her record label's attitude towards her new album: "From a business side of things I kind of get it ... They feel like that's their property and they want to control how the property looks and how it works."
Is DeIkeanism a word? Well, it is now.
Daily number of "Highly Anticipated" quotes lifted from press releases:
2 (Tori Amos and 30 Seconds To Mars...)
As quiet as the sound of a guitar being thrown to the floor backstage at a festival.
Daily Office Highlight:
Heating turned on. Then they overdid it and people started complaining.
On The Office Stereo:
Some incredibly off-putting electronica
Oh, and follow us on Twitter
for all the latest news on the Awards, music updates and much more
4:40 PM | 20/10/2009
More Photos Of:
The man who books the August festival has put together an audio guide to this year's bill
Amy Gravelle provides a musical guide next week's (11-16 March) festival in Austin, Texas
The producer reveals how he recruited the Hitmaker for his debut album Glow (out 10 Mar)
The German band showcase the artists and songs that inspired their latest album Close To The Glass
As The Black Keys join the bill, tThe man who runs the Suffolk festival gives Q his guide to 17-20 July event
He's put down his Tubular Bells and written for Q about the powers behind his new record Man On The Rocks