Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood performed a special set at the Park Stage, Glastonbury Festival 2010.
The Radiohead band members took to the stage moments at 8:30pm as the special unannounced guests on the Park Stage at this year's 40th Festival.
Following an introduction from Michael Eavis, who said : "This is the biggest surprise of the weekend", Thom walked on stage to a huge roar from the crowd and giving perhaps the most eagerly anticipated (and unnecessary) introduction so far this year said, "Hi, my name is Thomas Yorke" before launching into a set containing solo and Radiohead material.
Midway through their set, [Pyramid Song to be precise] Q chatted to Emily Eavis back-stage to ask how Thom and Johnny came to be playing Glastonbury, Emily explained "It was an amazing surprise and we're really happy, we tried our luck and I'm glad it happened, [it is] lovely", before joining her father again to watch the rest of the show.
- Michael Eavis introduces on stage "This is the biggest surprise of the weekend".
- Thom Yorke walks on to a huge roar from the crowd before giving a polite but highly unnecessary introduction of Glastonbury so far... "Hi, my name is Thomas Yorke."
- Thom cranks out some synth sounds, whilst the audience wonders what's going to happen next...
- Johnny Greenwood joins Thom on-stage.
- Johnny and Thom finish set with Street Spirit, crowd leave singing the coda from Karma Police.
- The Eraser
- Harrowdown Hill
- Black Swan
- Arpeggi/Weird Fishes
- Pyramid Song
- Cymbal Rush
- Karma Police
- Street Spirit (Fade Out)
10:55 AM | 26/06/2010
More Photos Of:
Watch Q Radio's short film from this year's event
The Q columnist still played more than most bands
Plus Guy Garvey wakes up a music legend, and find out the band Bono most wanted to see
Plus Queens Of The Stone Age, Kasier Chiefs, The Streets, Don Maclean and more
How to get your hands on the definitive rundown of this year's festival
Plus James Blake, Chemical Brothers, Walkmen and Zane Lowe's guest pick