Download the Q iPad app and get our latest issue
Q iPad Edition v1 FAQs
Where can I download the app?
You can download the app from the Apple App Store.
What's in the iPad Edition?
The app includes the full print issues of Q magazine. Plus, bonus features including streamed music, bonus articles, galleries, interviews and more.
Does the monthly issue expire?
No. Once you purchase an issue you will have access to it for as long as you keep the app.
Can I buy a subscription?
Yes. You can now purchase a one month (£2.99), six months (£17.49) or 12 months (£29.99) subscription. A single issue is £3.99. See above.
Is the Q Magazine app available for the iPhone or iPod touch?
No, the app is only currently available on iPad.
Can I get the pages to sharpen?
Yes. However the reader platform Q is using requires the user to zoom in to trigger the rendering process. If a page looks low res, pinch zoom and it should sharpen up (pages are optimised for the latest iPad display).
ACCESS to Editions
Where do I find the App on my iPad?
If you are using iOS5 or later, you will find the App in your Newsstand folder. Otherwise, look for the icon on your home screen.
Downloading issues & updates
Your iPad will need to be connected to the internet to download new issues. Once downloaded, you can read stored issues without an internet connection but you will not be able to view anything that requires an internet connection (such as video content or products available via an in-App link).
When you have purchased an issue, you may download as many times as you want and at no additional cost. If your subscription lapses, you won't be able to download additional issues, until you renew your subscription but you can keep all those you have downloaded on your iPad.
My issue won't download, what am I doing wrong?
If you are having problems downloading the App and reading the magazine from Newsstand, try the following solutions in the following order: Make sure you are connected to the internet. We suggest you download magazines over WiFi, as the connection is generally faster and more stable. If you are downloading over a mobile (3G) connection, make sure you have enough data left in your plan to complete the download. Some data providers will block or limit downloads if you are out of a 'home' base station and you do not have a roaming agreement. If you are near your download limit you may also have your speed limited, which might make the download appear to freeze.
If you are having an issue with an app you purchased from the App Store on your iPad, try the following steps to resolve your issue, testing the app after each step.
1. Update your device software. Update your device to the latest version of iOS.
2. Restart your device. Hold the Sleep/Wake button until "slide to power off" appears. Slide to power off your device. When it is off, press the Sleep/Wake button to turn it back on.
3. Check for app updates Ensure that your apps are up to date:
• Open the App Store and tap Updates. If updates are available, tap Update All.
• When prompted, enter your iTunes Store account information. App Store will then download, and install the application updates. Note: Some applications may require a Wi-Fi connection to update.
4. Install another app from the App Store. If none of your user-installed apps will launch, there could be an issue with Apple ID authorization. Download and install a free (or paid) app that isn't already installed on your device to reset this information. You could also remove an app from your iOS device and download it again from the App Store or sync the app from your computer.
Note: If you have installed apps using multiple Apple ID accounts, you may need to perform this step for each account.
5. Restart the application. If the issue affects only a single app, try closing just that app:
• Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
• Double-tap the Home button to display recent apps.
• Tap and hold the affected app until the red minus appears.
• Tap the red minus to quit the app.
• Press the Home button, then restart the app.
6. Reinstall the affected application. Remove the application from your device and reinstall it.
• Touch and hold any application icon on the Home Screen until the icons start to wiggle.
• Tap the "x" in the corner of the application you want to delete.
• Tap Delete to remove the application and all of its data from your device.
• Press the Home button.
• Go to the App Store.
• Search for the application and then download it again.
Note: If it is a paid app, ensure you are using the iTunes account you purchased the app with originally. If it is not, you will be charged for the app again. For more information regarding downloading previously purchased items, see this article.
(You may need to press the restore icon in the lower left corner of the issue view screen more than once for the restore to be completed)
7. If the issue is still unresolved. If you continue to experience the issue, please contact Bauer Media at firstname.lastname@example.org with as much description as you can, including the issue number of the magazine and a description of how/when the problem occurs. Does it happen all the time, or infrequently? Important: Please also include the License code which can be found in Settings>app name.
You can purchase a subscription for the App on iTunes. Subscriptions purchased through iTunes auto-renew but you can disable auto-renewal (and end your subscription) by visiting the itunes store. Click on your Apple ID and confirm that you wish to view your Apple ID. Scroll down to subscriptions and click on "manage".
When will my subscription start?
As soon as your subscription has been confirmed by Apple, you will be able to access the issue which is currently on sale. From that point onwards, you will receive all future issues depending on when your subscription starts. You will not be able to access past issues as part of your subscription but you will be able to purchase back issues on an individual basis, should you wish to do so.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION
How can I manage my Apple Newsstand subscription or cancel an auto-renew payment?
You can manage your subscription via the following page: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4098 This is Apple's troubleshooting page and it will provide answers to common queries. Advice on how to change the settings on your subscription or cancel an auto-renew payment can be found at this page.
How do I get a refund in the event of a billing problem?
All transactions made on the Apple Newsstand or iTunes are between Apple and the consumer (you). Bauer Consumer Media Limited ("Bauer") cannot refund subscriptions or single issues you have purchased on the Apple Newsstand or iTunes.
If you have any concerns or if you wish to claim a refund, Bauer will not be able to help you and you are advised to contact Apple directly.
The following are some useful links:
1. For Apple support, and to see a list of query categories (including help from software downloads through to installation, purchasing, accounts and billing), visit Apple.com/support/itunes/.
2. To contact Apple directly, visit Apple.com/support/itunes/contact/.
An issue of my magazine has disappeared from Newsstand: what has gone wrong?
• Have you recently performed a software upgrade/restore of your device? If so, it's likely that the issues have been taken down by iTunes.
• Check your storage space. If you don't have enough space left, issues will be removed without notification to you. This is a feature of iOS devices but don't worry! You can get all previously purchased issues back. To re-download issues you have already bought, press the 'Buy' button and enter your iTunes password. You should get this message from Apple: "You've already purchased this. Tap OK to download again for free."
Depending on the iOS device you have, you might need to restart your device for the above solutions to work.
RECOVERING PURCHASED ISSUES
If you wipe your iPad, you may find issues you have previously bought or downloaded have disappeared. To restore these purchases, simply tap on the cog icon at the top-right of the issue carousel screen and then tap "Restore Purchases".
You can control how much space the App takes up on your iPad by tapping on the cog icon at the top-right of the issue carousel screen, and then tapping "Keep Old Issues".
THE PRINT MAGAZINE HAS A COVER-MOUNTED GIFT ON IT - DO I GET THE SAME IF I BUY THAT EDITION ON THE APPLE NEWSSTAND?
Any kind of physical gift attached to the front cover of a print magazine cannot be offered to purchasers of that same issue on the Apple Newsstand.
➢ When you buy a product on the Apple Newsstand a contract is formed between you and Apple and is subject to Apple's terms and conditions at http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/.
NB Currently access to the iPad edition is not available to existing print subscribers. We are working on a technical solution to let subscribers try the iPad edition.
9:26 AM | 24/08/2012
More Photos Of:
Metallica play 'silent disco' gig in Antarctica, Pixies get a new bassist, Pussy Riot members could be freed under new Russian law... Music News Daily
A round-up of all the news, views, interviews and cool music things online today (10 December)
Watch the band exclusively performing a song inspired by a Francis Bacon painting for Recreate With Tate Britain
Elton John attacks Russian anti-gay law at Moscow gig, Neil Young for Hyde Park, Doves man set for solo LP... Music News Daily
A round-up of all the news, views, interviews and cool music things online today (9 December)
Jamie Skey sorts out this week's releases and the best new songs that have appeared online in the last seven days... (9 Dec)
Noel Gallagher hopes to record new album in New York next year, Kings Of Leon announce giant UK show, new Arctic Monkeys song (listen)... Music News Daily
A round-up of all the news, views, interviews and cool music things online today (6 December)
Alabama Shakes experimenting on new album, Bombay Bicycle Club name LP, new Bowie mix... Music News Daily
A round-up of all the news, views, interviews and cool music things online today (5 December)